Energy Modeling Best Practices and Applications
(co-sponsored by IBPSA and RMI)
The seminar explains modeling principles and provides modeling tips related to the building envelope, plug loads, lighting systems, and HVAC systems.
The seminar discusses valuable quality control steps and compelling methods for presenting results. Also described is the appropriate use of modeling throughout the project life cycle and life-cycle cost analysis.
The seminar concludes with guidance on model calibration and the use of energy models for measurement and verification. Case studies and links to valuable modeling resources are included.
- Explain the IBPSA building energy modeling body of knowledge
- Identify best practices for providing high quality and consistent modeling services
- Inform building design through energy modeling
- Develop an effective business case for energy efficiency
- Implement measurement and verification procedures that use calibrated building energy simulation models to calculate savings