A call for abstracts for the 2022 Building Performance Analysis Conference and SimBuild, co-organized by ASHRAE and IBPSA-USA, has been announced.
The theme of the conference, “Better Buildings, Less Carbon: Supporting the Transition to A Clean and Just Climate” focuses on improving the decision-making process through the application of simulation and modeling over the entire building life cycle.
“As we continue to adapt to the changes brought on by the pandemic, additional challenges facing the building industry have come to the fore including the need to support the transition to a clean and just low carbon economy,” says John Bynum, conference chair. “
“By showcasing research and studies being done to facilitate reduction of carbon in buildings, this conference would like to encourage a discourse on the challenges facing engineers, designers and analysts as we design the buildings of tomorrow,” says Supriya Goel, Scientific Committee Chair.
The Steering Committee seeks abstracts on topics involving the use of innovative approaches for integration of modeling tools for better building design, performance and operation to meet aggressive targets for compliance, energy reduction, decarbonization and resiliency.
Suggested paper topics include:
- Approaches to Modeling Future Weather, Climate and Extreme Events
- CFD Applications for Architectural Decision Making
- Education and Training
- Energy Equality, Access and Justice
- Evolving Performance Indicators
- Innovations in Passive and Hybrid Heating and Cooling
- Intelligent Building Operations – Efficiencies and Load Management
- Intelligent Building Operations – Grid Interactions and Distributed Energy Resources
- Lighting and Daylighting
- Modeling Advances – Tools and Workflows
- Modeling Existing Buildings
- Modeling for Carbon and Embodied Energy
- Modeling of Adaptation Strategies
- Occupant Health, Wellbeing and Comfort
- Urban and Community Scale Modeling
Paper Abstracts are due September 21, 2021. If accepted, papers will be due January 10, 2022. To submit abstracts, visit: www.conftool.org/bpacs2022
The conference will also include informal seminar presentations, the 8th Annual ASHRAE LowDown Showdown, vendor workshops and invited speakers. For more information on the 2022 Building Performance Analysis Conference and SimBuild, visit ashrae.org/BuildPerform2022.