Pleiades is a software environment for building eco-design. It comprises:
- A wide customizable building thermal library, linked with EDIBATEC, a French database of manufactured products
- A graphical modeler providing 2D graphical input and 3D display interface. It can import SketchUp models. It also computes indoor natural lighting (RADIANCE engine) and check compliance with lighting target of HQE and BREEAM labels.
- An input module for gbXML and IFC4 BIM files.
- COMFIE, a multizone calculation engine for dynamic energy simulations of buildings, developed by ARMINES/Mines ParisTech
- French thermal regulation compliance modules (RT2012, RT existant)
- Heating and air conditioning equipment sizing modules
- AMAPOLA, a statistical analysis module, including occupants behavior, sensitivity analysis, uncertainty analysis and optimization (of both simulation and regulatory calculations)
- A building Life Cycle Assessment component (formerly novaEQUER)
- Plenty of output functionalities (customizable graphics, automated reports, spreadsheets etc.)
Some words about COMFIE simulation engine :
This calculation engine uses a multizone model based upon a finite volume method on which a modal reduction technique is applied. This sub-hourly timestep simulation provides accurate assessment of the yearly and hourly heating and cooling loads, hourly and mean temperatures, comfort evaluation (PMV/PPD) for each thermal zone. It also includes hundreds of outputs related to the equipment (consumption, physical properties etc). COMFIE building model is also coupled with additional modules (natural ventilation, PV generation, ground-air heat exchanger, artificial lighting, PCM). Humidity is also computed.